IDENTIFYING PEOPLE

Friday, November 27, 2009

Identifying People

When you would like to identify people you can use "this / that" and "verb to be" for example,

1. This is Minnie Rivers.


    That is Mr. Lewis.

When we would like to tell about other people's job, we can use "verb to be" to identify job or working, for example:
2. Minnie is a writer.

    Mr. Lewis is a barber.

    Gail is an artist.

    He is a photographer.

    She is a secretary.

    He's a dentist.
   
    She's a doctor.

When we would like to tell about my job, we use "I am + job", for example

3. I am a computer programmer.

    I'm a businessman.

    I'm a businesswoman.

    I'm not a mechanic.


When we want to identify people characteristic, we can use "has" or "have", for example

     I have short red hair.

     He has brown eyes.

    She has a beautiful nose.

    They have white skin.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Grunge Girl Blogger Template Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template
Girl Vector Copyrighted to Dapino Colada